A smooth implementation with minimal disruption to your business, high levels of adoption and expected benefits realised is the objective.
For many organisations, the implementation of an ERP system is the most significant strategic initiative they will embark upon in a decade. Given the overall organisational impact and high failure rates of these projects, you need to partner with experts that truly have your best interests in mind.
Independent ERP and digital transformation consulting firms that are software vendor agnostic are by far the best choice to serve as a trusted advisor throughout your implementation.
Like any team-based activity, there needs to be an experienced and effective lead function. This is no different for an ERP implementation project or digital transformation.
The implementation of enterprise solutions is a highly specialised area and anyone that does not do this day in and day out will put the project at risk. Furthermore, having all your eggs in one basket by using an internal resource or an external individual contractor, without the backing of an organisation with the breadth of resources and experience to provide support when required, decreases the chances of a successful outcome significantly.
SMC also has a proven methodology to manage ERP implementation projects. It includes activities, deliverables, lessons learned, tools and accelerators that constitute good practices based on hundreds of successful implementations and our expert resources. It is business focussed, technology agnostic and therefore integrates with any Implementation Partner methodology. It focuses on the shared client/SMC responsibilities and deliverables.
SMC is uniquely placed to support your ERP implementation or digital transformation journey by providing the right mix of experienced and qualified professionals to help you at the right times. Our team has worked together many times before and operates in an integrated way for your benefit and includes:
- Independent Project QA and Risk Management– This is a small price to pay for a very effective insurance policy to hedge against failure, cost overruns, frustration and lost ROI
- End-to-end Project Management– Our Project Managers are leaders with extensive ERP experience and a history of successful projects behind them
- Organisational Change Management– To help your people transition and be productive sooner
- Business Analysis and Process Management– To ensure your future ways of working are optimised and critical requirements are supported
You benefit from SMCs right mix of experienced and qualified professionals
Benefits of ERP/Enterprise Strategy and Roadmap
Get an independent view of your current systems, processes and people.
Use SMC templates, tools and expertise to quickly define your strategy and roadmap.
Having a clear strategy greatly increases the risk of an ineffective selection process and a poor implementation.
Develop a business case for change based on realistic quantified benefits and projected costs deploying ERP and other Best-of Breed enterprise software
Educate key stakeholders
Educate about strategic technological trends and different options to improve.
SMC can successfully deliver your system implementation
- ERP project or Digital Transformation success – on time and on budget
- High levels of user acceptance and productivity
- Expected benefits realised sooner (eg, automated and efficient business processes, unlock your data to power growth)
- Minimal disruption to the business during the project and after go-live
- Digital optimisation, delivered
- Transition from project mode to on-going support mode, which should include a level of self-sustainability with the new system
Trusted partner with a proven track record of 550+ process and systems improvement projects.
Our clients’ success is what drives us and their feedback speaks for itself.